Preparation Courses for International Student
Graduate School, Khon Kaen University
(Duration April – July each year)
Graduate School,Khon Kaen University accepts international students to study in postgraduate programs. Normally, the students are from different countries and obtain different basic knowledge, so the Graduate School held the project of preparation courses training for international students in order to establish basic knowledge which consist of Intensive English, Thai Language and Culture, Research Methodology Orientation, Library Orientation and Computer Skill Training. Moreover, the students will be invited to participate orientation and cultural trip. This project will be beneficial for students in both ways; study and live happily on campus.
Training Courses & Activities
The training courses and activities are divided into 3 parts; academic training courses, orientation, and cultural trip.
1. Academic training courses
Academic training courses is provided for the student to learn about general basic knowledge before starting of the program at the faculty. There are 4 courses as follows;
1) Intensive English 60 hours
Course Description: Listening, speaking, reading and writing for academic purposes
* The student who completed this course will be considered as he/she passed English criterion according to the regulations ofKhonKaenUniversity.
2) Thai Language and Culture 180 hours
Objectives of the courses: To instruct the international students basic Thai including listening, speaking, reading, and writing, and to advise the students to understand Thai culture and social.
This course is separated for general international students and Laotian students.
-Thai Language Class for Laotian Students
ThaiReadingand Writing I 60 hrs.
ThaiReadingand Writing II 60 hrs.
ThaiReadingand Writing III 60 hrs.
- Thai Language Class for International Students
Basic Thai Language and Culture I 60 hrs.
3) Library Orientation and Computer Skill Training 30 hours
Course Description: Importance of information ; determining the informatio requirements; selecting information sources and resources; searching and retrieving information by using technological tools; analyzing, synthesizing and evaluating the information; writing and communicating the information in effective and appropriate formats, and computer skills for academic purpose.
4) Research Methodology 30 hours
Course Description: Definition and importance of research, types of research, process of research, preparation of research proposal, statistics and its applications in research, population, sample and sampling techniques, data collection and analysis, writing and presentation of research report.
2. Cultural Trip
Traveling to interesting and wonderful places inThailandwill be held once a year. There are 2 routes for choices;
Route 1 : West (Khon Kaen – Bangkok – Nakhonprathom - Prachuapkirikhan)
- Bangkok; Prasrirattanasatsadaram temple
- Nakhonprathom; Pra pathom pagoda, Nakhonprathom palace, Wax figure museum
- Ratchaburi; Floating market
- Prachuapkirikhan; Hua Hin beach and night market
Route 2 : Central – East (Khon Kaen – Pranakhon Sri-ayutthaya – Chonburi)
- Pranakhon Sri-ayutthaya; Prasrisanphet , Praram, Chaiwattanaram temple
- Chonburi; Pattaya beach, Lan island, Aquarium
1. Payment for Preparation Program 30,000 Baht (or 1,000 USD)
(Including Cultural Trip)
International Relations Officer
Graduate School (the 3rd floor of Academic Center), Khon Kaen University,
Muang, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Tel. (66) 0-4320-2420 ext. 42436 Fax. (66) 0-4320-2421